Vacation Rental Agreement
Property Manager: Surf City Rentals
1) Adults are defined as individuals that are 8 years and older per county code section
2. AGREEMENT: Surf City Rentals, the Agents for the owner, and Tenant agree as follows: Above Tenant is an adult and will be an occupant of the unit during the entire reserved period. Other occupants will be family members, friends or responsible adults. Use of the premises will be denied to persons not falling within the foregoing categories, and as a result they would have to vacate the property immediately without any refund. No keys will be issued to anyone who is not an adult.
3. PETS: Only allowed at pet-friendly units with property manager approval and the payment of a $50 non-refundable pet fee.
4. PROPERTY DAMAGE POLICY: As a part of your stay, you are required to purchase a Vacation Rental Damage Protection policy which is designed to cover unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. This policy takes the place of the traditional refundable security deposit. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1500. Any damages that exceed $1,500 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $1,500.
5. NO SMOKING ON OR INSIDE THE PROPERTY and NO FIREWORKS ON THE PROPERTY
6. CANCELLATION: Should you wish to cancel this reservation, notice of cancellation MUST BE IN WRITING AND RECEIVED MORE THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE. We will refund the sums you have paid, less a $250 cancellation fee. If your notice of cancellation is RECEIVED LESS THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE, you will forfeit all sums paid, unless we are able to re-rent the property to someone else, at the same rate, for the same period. If the property is rented we will only charge the $250 cancellation fee. No credits or refunds will be given for early departures.
7. CHECK IN: Check in time is 4:00 PM. EARLY CHECK IN TIMES ARE ALLOWED ONLY WHEN THE PROPERTY IS CLEANED AND READY FOR OCCUPANCY AND PRIOR APPROVAL IS REQUIRED.
8. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 11:00 AM. Please leave remote controls, and parking permits/passes (if issued) at the location.
9. PARKING: Instructions will be sent with check in details
10. CLEANING: Each property will be inspected and properly cleaned after your departure. The cleaning fee you have paid will provide for 4 hours of normal cleaning so that you can enjoy your vacation up to the last moment. YOU ARE REQUIRED to leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure, dishes are done, and the home is generally picked up and ready to be cleaned by the house cleaners. If additional cleaning is required, appropriate charges will be deducted from your security deposit at the rate of $25 per hour.
11. WHAT WE SUPPLY: The property is equipped and set up as a fully furnished property that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, as well as a fully equipped kitchen. THERE WILL BE EXTRA CHARGES TO YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR REPLACING THESE ITEMS IF FOUND TO BE NECESSARY.
12. WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING: Plan on packing your personal toiletry items. Since we provide only a limited supply of toilet paper, paper towels, and other dispensable items to get you started on your first day of vacation, you should plan on making a trip to the grocery store to replenish these items as you need them.
13. TENANTS LIABILITY: Tenant agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property (other than normal wear and tear) by Tenant or Tenants guests, including, but not limited to, landscaping, misuse of appliances, and/or equipment furnished. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, Tenant agrees to reimburse the owner for costs incurred to repair/replace damaged items.
14. SLEEPING CAPACITY/GATHERINGS: The maximum number of people that are allowed for sleeping is (2 per bedroom plus 2). The maximum number of people that are allowed for celebrations and gatherings between the hours of 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM as per the County Code section (d)(1)(D) is double the sleeping capacity. Tenants and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for any of the following:
A. Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity of 2 per bedroom plus 2.
B. Using the premises for any illegal activity including, but not limited to, the possession, serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages by or to persons less than 21 years of age.
C. Causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties.
D. Any other acts which interferes with neighbors’ right to quiet enjoyment of their property. E. Violation of the 10:00 PM Santa Cruz County and Capitola Noise Ordinance.
15. NOISE/DISTURBANCES: County Code Section states quiet hours are 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM and must be followed within the Santa Cruz county limits. The City of Capitola has a similar noise ordinance. Government ordinances also prohibit any illegal behavior. Fireworks are illegal in Santa Cruz County.
16. TRASH MANAGEMENT: County Code Section states that all trash must be kept in closed containers and not allowed to accumulate. Therefore, please put all your trash in the Waste Management trash bins that are provided at each of our vacation rentals.
17. CONDITION OF PREMISES: Occupant shall, on arrival, examine the Premises, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, and fixtures. Occupant shall immediately report any items in disrepair or in non-operational condition. Reporting these issues does not give the occupant the right to cancel this agreement or receive a refund of any payments made. The management company will make every effort to get any issues resolved as soon as possible.
18. UTILITIES/ WIFI: The utilities, cable and Wifi will be in working order before your check-in. If during your stay, any of these services are interrupted due to reasons out of the management company’s control, there will be no refunds or discounts guaranteed, they will be considered on a case by case basis.
19. AIR CONDITIONING: Please note that 99% of our vacation rentals here at the beach do NOT have air conditioning. Portable fans will be provided upon request.
20. UNAVAILABILITY: If for any reason beyond the control of the management company, the Premises is unavailable, the management company may substitute a comparable nit or cancel this Agreement and refund in full to occupants all payments made.
21. HOLD HARMLESS: The owner does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing. Nor will the owner accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control.
22. CLIFFS: Tenant hereby acknowledges that a large section of the beachfront on West Cliff and East Cliff Drives are filled with ‘riprap’ (a foundation of large rocks piled together to prevent erosion), which is not designed for walking, climbing or sitting. The undersigned is fully aware that the ‘riprap’ is jagged, unstable, dangerous, and slippery when wet, and injury is likely to occur to anyone who attempts to walk, climb or sit thereon. With full knowledge of the above facts and warnings, the undersigned accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to walking climbing or sitting on the ‘riprap’.
23. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the undersigned, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
24. PROPERTY INSPECTION: With or without reason or cause the Owner or Owner Representative has the right to inspect the property both inside the home and the yard with a 24 hour notice to the Tenant. This notice does not have to be in writing, it can be via phone call or email or personal communication.